Cornbread with Honeyed Cinnamon Butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1large egg
- 1 cup milk
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. I like to use a cast iron pan with individual wells in pretty shapes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your butter, milk, and egg. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
Honeyed Cinnamon Butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Beat all ingredients until smooth. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.