Banana Walnut Bread
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
· 1 cup packed light brown sugar
· 2 large eggs, room temperature
· 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
· 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
· 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
· 2 cups all purpose flour
· 1 Tbsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ (177℃). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition until just combined. Add vanilla and mashed bananas and mix on low to combine.
4. While the mixer is running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and continue to mix until combined. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
6. Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chopped walnuts, if desired.
7. Pour batter into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Allow bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Remove banana bread from the loaf pan and transfer to a serving platter. Slice, serve and enjoy!