· 10-12 pickling cucumbers
· 4 cups water
· 2 cups white vinegar
· 2 tablespoons kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· Big bunch of dill
· 1 head of garlic skins removed, cloves smashed (less if its a strong garlic)
· 10 peppercorn kernels
1. Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices or spears. Set aside
2. To make brine, combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and swirl to make sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Add cucumbers to jars. Do not pack them super tight as you you’ll want room for the brine. Add the fresh dill, smashed garlic, and peppercorns to the jars. Finish by adding enough brine to cover the cucumbers. Seal with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for at least one week. Pickles should be good for at least 4-6 weeks after that.
4. This recipe made enough for me to one pint and fill two-quart jars.