Lobster-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
3-4 pounds whole beef tenderloin
(2) 4 oz. lobster tails (can be frozen)
1 T melted butter
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
6 slices bacon
For the sauce:
½ C sliced scallions
½ C butter
½ C dry white wine
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Cut beef tenderloin lengthwise to within ½ inch of end to butterfly.
2. Cook lobster tails in boiling salted water. Remove from shells and place lobster tails, end to end inside of beef.
3. Combine 1 T melted butter with lemon juice and drizzle on lobster.
4. Reassemble beef tenderloin and tie securely with string at 1 inch intervals
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more until ready to bake.
6. Before baking, lay bacon strips on top.
7. Place on rack in shallow pan and roast at 425 degrees for 40 minutes for rare or 50 minutes for medium.
While the meat is cooking, sautee scallions in ½ C butter over low heat until tender. Stir frequently. Add wine and garlic salt and heat thoroughly.
Slice roast and spoon on sauce to serve.