Sweet Bell Pepper & Onion Salad
· 2 or 3 small to medium sweet bell peppers, multi-colored
· Small red onion
· Chopped parsley
· Chopped mint
· Chopped dill
· Olive oil
· Sherry vinegar
· Pecorino Romano
· Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. Give the peppers a good rinse, and then, while still whole, slice them into thin rings. About 1/8 inch is best. Then carefully slice out any ribs and seeds. Peel and slice the onion as thinly as possible. (A mandolin slicer is perfect for this)
2. Toss the peppers and onions with a little olive oil and vinegar. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Just before serving, toss with the fresh herbs and shred some Romano cheese on top. Salt and pepper to taste.